Our online medical glossary of medical terms and definitions includes definitions for terms related to treatment, and general medicine
1. A big, marine, gadoidfish (Molva vulgaris) of Northern Europe and Greenland. It is valued as a foodfish and is largely salted and dried. Called also drizzle.
2. The burbot of Lake Ontario.
3. An American hake of the genus Phycis.
4. A New Zealand foodfish of the genus Genypterus. The name is also locally applied to another fishes, as the cultus cod, the mutton fish, and the cobia.
5. Heather (Calluna vulgaris). Ling honey, a sort of wild honey, made from the flowers of the heather.
Origin: OE. Lenge; akin to D. Leng, G. Lange, Dan. Lange, Sw. Lnga, Icel. Langa. So named from its being long. See Long.
Source: Websters Vocabulary